Announcing our Composition Fellowship for 2018-19!
With support from the Amphion Foundation and the Alice M Ditson Fund for New Music, we are pleased to offer two composition fellowships with a stipend of $1000 each. Fellows will collaborate with Transient Canvas on a new work for the 2018-19 concert season for a premiere in Spring 2019 and two guaranteed future performances. Fellows will work directly with Transient Canvas in rehearsals and workshops throughout the concert season and will receive audio and video recordings of the premiere.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Applications are due October 15, 2018 and winners will be notified on November 15, 2018. Please note that if you are selected as a fellow, your score for Transient Canvas will be due by March 15, 2019 with a performance in May 2019. Applications will be reviewed by an independent panel of composers. All scores, recordings, and proposals must be kept ANONYMOUS.
- You do NOT need to compose a new work for us in order to apply!
- Files will be downloaded and placed in anonymous candidate folders for our panel. Please name your files as requested.
- Links to two scores for any instrumentation, a representation of your current body of work, are required (Link hosting on Dropbox, Google Docs, or similar sites are accepted). Your name must not appear anywhere on the score.
- Recordings are optional but preferred.
- Recordings MUST be anonymous. If you provide a link to SoundCloud, YouTube, or Vimeo, you must upload from an anonymous profile.
- Proposals should describe your music in general, plus ideas on a new work for Transient Canvas (plus electronics, if desired).
If you have any questions regarding this fellowship or the application, please email us at email@example.com